Trusting in the Lord requires us to have faith in him, to see his providential hand working in our lives. This requires us to not feat him, but rather to nurture our relationship through confession of our sins, rightly ordering our lives after him, and ultimately to grow ever nearer to him through self-renunciation and abandonment of our will for his will.
- What is the best memory you have of confession? Was it something specific the priest said, was it more of a moment of self-realization, or was it a major sin you had kept away from God?
- If you are asked about confession how do you respond? What would you tell your non-Catholic friends?
- Do you have any fears in life?
- Have you overcome any fears? Do you bring your fears to God?
- What’s the single greatest obstacle for you to following Jesus completely?
“The Lord has given me the grace never to fear the conflict, to do my duty no matter what the cost.” -St. Therese of Lisieux